Tuesday Evening News

 

If I sound dispassionate

I’m just a man

who’s been to England and France


and Puerto Rico, Carla and I 

danced with the waves

and my green tent on 

the beach, the lonesome 

chicken i’d eat


If memory serves me

I’m just a man

who rode an aeroplane


and sailed the sea

on a catamaran to a volcanic island 

where David the Dane and I 

sat on a wall smoking rolled cigarettes 

and singing a song with my little guitar that 

I’d bought in a pawn shop in California and 

they threw in a great pocket knife and 

a friend braided me a carrying string for it

of orange and yellow


after quitting the boat that we’d sailed for weeks on

and then we walked around the marina 

and we found Kiko and Matt fixing their engine

and Kiko said sure a couple more crew 

members would be good 

and the rest of the trip was stormy

and i was feeling sick

but at least the skipper wasn’t a dick


I ate the reindeer spam

that was in the bilge

and which you were probably


haha! sorry i just ahve to answer this text

jk i hear

the whooooosh of the heater, it’s winter

i’ll make of it 

a fuzzy cowl


If I’m not misteken

I’m Joe the vampiric wizard

the shipwrecked merman

the experimental navigator


i’d be pissed

if i was keeping track

of every vowel you sent me

in all your sexy texts

in all the broken icicles 

hanging off the roof


i’d be going to sleep

if it were yesterday

if as i’ve heard, 

the moon is spinning further away from us 

all the time

 

2 comments:

  1. <3 this poem took me so many places

    ReplyDelete
  2. quitting the boat, the reindeer spam, every vowel you sent me. golden <3

    ReplyDelete