Burps of the Botanical

Careening up the dark wood playground

Little me finds corners cups the browned


Fleeting fit of body in tiny tunnel

Not for long will I be this small, this fun I’ll


Get older and learn to drive 

And when it’s time to arrive 


Back home I’ll weep as I curve the offramp

By the doctors office where the shame cramp


Sting was abruptly diagnosed 

My young ripped angry to a coast


Unvisited replaced by self loathing 

No room for grey, maybe, for and/both in


New reality sensuality is dirt

Empire of mom’s grief curt 


When she cried ‘I think it’s my fault

For not teaching you a mechanism of halt’


Later I know the science of a cold plunge

And the queer eyebrowless grip grunge


Of adulthood in rainy city winter

Gifted earl grey yogurt bread, enter


Burps of the botanical, herbaceous

Before staring at tanktopped curvaceous 


Mirrored hopes for spring outfits

Dance and avoid sads, write for outlets


Time for dinner, making tuna melts

Goodbye for now, past and future felts

1 comment: