witchdoor

 

where are you right now? and do you love me? 

and are you afraid of me? and are you hungry? 

and what for? and are you hungry for me?

and are you eating me? from the inside out?

where is your spout? how much water?

how much earth? how is your temperature?

forehead hot or? heart rate slowed?

less coffee? less water? less sex?

another dress? three? one for me?

lace panties? sea shanties?

all at the same time?

do they have to rhyme?

four out of five?

how much alive?

a destination?

a vacation?

to the end of the world?

this world? which world?

where are you? techno?

paleo? golden? brown?

take me to town, will you?

the one with dusty roads, know it?

i know you do, are you yearning 4 

adventure too, is that why you write love letters?

getting better? redder? more full of heat?

like a beat? a fruit? a root vegetable? a rudder,

simply shuddering? shuttered doors trembling

in the wind? your best friend?


they asked you everything, and still you

wanted more, what for? which door?

which witch? witchdoor– the third? you’ve already heard? congratulations?


1 comment:

  1. particularly love the rhythm in 2nd to last stanza <3 also, reminded me of this song my brother was obsessed "which witch is which"

    ReplyDelete