Second Covid

Tylenol PM down the hatch

And I’m alone in the house

Covid positive and masking for nobody

When I hear a crash like maybe someone entered 

When I was out on my one-block walk

And is hiding waiting 

I lock the door to my bedroom knowing

I’ll just have to open it 

When the cats emerge from under the bed and 

Decide they want to roam


I know the brain pays tricks

Even when its healthy

But is this the beginning of my cognition

Flying sideways

And slowing down 

Holes in memory

Brain is a blender with the top off

Swiss cheese sieve

I know about it from the first time around

When for months afterwards I couldn’t hold

Multiple concepts at once without them all 

Dropping into a deep gravity below my feet 

And memories fly past like there was never a spot

For them to stick in the first place 


I have always used quick thoughts 

To convince people to stay

And efficient excellence to prevent

Abandonment so now I face

The fears of tiny me

That have grown and shrunk and reared and been soothed

Over and over but we made it the first time

With the omegas and the fermenteds

I oiled up the brain and felt it heal

Mostly and nobody actually left

But since when has proof of the opposite

Convinced me to fully release a fear

2 comments:

  1. relying on quick thoughts + oiling up the brain <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. flying sideways /and slowing down... dropping into a deep gravity below my feet. such good sounds and visceral feelings

    ReplyDelete